Application Closing Date 24th April, 2021.
NDA – Application for Admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy 73rd Regular Course
Screening Test Date and Requirements
- The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on “Saturday 15 May 2021”. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
- The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
- Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Candidates eligible for 73 Regular Course admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) must have the following:
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the state government or local government area.
- Be at least 17 years old and NOT more than 21 years old as at the month of September in the year of entry into the Academy.
- Must have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attain an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics and any other 2 subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB Brochure.
- Must NOT be less than 1.68 meters tall for male and 1.65 meters for female.
- French and Arabic, Madarin language is an added advantage.
- The requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are as detailed in the NDA website / applications portal. All other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and screening test centres are as contained in the NDA website / applications portal.
Candidates are to note the following:
- Application forms submitted without ordinary level results will NOT be accepted.
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only ordinary level examination results of NOT more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only.
- Nature and Duration of Training
- Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air force cadets.
- On successful completion of training, graduands will earn an honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- All Regular Course cadets will train in NDA and the cost of their administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry, NDA.
Screening Test Conditions
- Only candidates who satisfied the minimum admission requirements would be considered for the Screening Test. The UTME score for Engineering is 210 points while that of Arts & Social Sciences as well as Science is 180 points.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
VIEW REQUIREMENTS (PDF)
When the page opens, select “Purchase Form” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,500.00 only. Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
Submission Of Applications
Applications forms are to be submitted together with the scanned SSCE results online. On submission of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
Note: This is to further clarify that only 2021/2022 JAMB registrations will be accepted.