TOPIC: Internet And You [Open Heaven for Teens 19 April 2022]
MEMORISE: All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 1 Corinthians 6:12
READ: 1 Corinthians 6:11-14
- And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
- All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
- Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
- And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 17:1-37, 1 Samuel 27-29
Being able to connect with the children of God all over the world from the comfort of my home through the internet is one of the many things Im grateful for in my old age. Sometimes, I wonder how we survived in the good old days without these advancements in technology. However, no matter how wonderful the opportunities offered by the internet today, every user is faced with some challenges that may hinder his/her progress if not handled carefully. For a young person who has so much time on his/her hands, the internet can be very addictive. You tend to be with your smartphone all day. Some who run online businesses hardly have time for their families and friends because their life revolves round the online space.
Someone once joked that some people wake up to check their online updates first before checking if they can still walk. I found this very sad but true. When a child wakes up in the morning and stays on his phone until 10:00 a.m., that’s gross indiscipline. Don’t expose yourself unnecessarily to the wrong relationships, pornography and the ills that come along with the indiscriminate use of the internet. Be careful not to allow the internet control you or become your idol.
Does the internet control you or do you control it?
HYMN: Lead Us Heavenly Father
- Lead us, heavenly Father, lead us
o’er the world’s tempestuous sea;
guard us, guide us, keep us, feed us,
for we have no help but Thee;
yet possessing every blessing,
if our God our Father be.
- Saviour, breathe forgiveness o’er us:
all our weakness Thou dost know;
Thou didst tread this earth before us,
Thou didst feel its keenest woe;
lone and dreary, faint and weary,
through the desert Thou didst go.
- Spirit of our God, descending,
fill our hearts with heavenly joy,
love with every passion blending,
pleasure that can never cloy:
thus provided, pardoned, guided,
nothing can our peace destroy.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.